Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Beekeeping / Re: feedback for lburou
« Last post by Zweefer on Today at 09:42:53 AM »
Hope springs eternal. :) :)

And you have just summed up beekeeping in just words...
General Beekeeping / Re: Happy day
« Last post by Bakersdozen on Today at 09:41:11 AM »
Just got an e-mail from my professor and he went over my final and raised my grade. I got that A after all!!!! :) :) :) :)
How cool is that?  Congratulations! 
I am with riverbee, which class are you taking?
General Beekeeping / Re: Happy day
« Last post by Zweefer on Today at 09:38:42 AM »
Glad it won't bother you for years now...
Pests and Diseases / Re: Varroa Monitoring New Product
« Last post by Bakersdozen on Today at 09:36:52 AM »

varroa mites have developed resistance to most treatments to the point some are useless, and/or we have to change up the treatments.
i would suspect in time oxalic acid may not work as well? i don't know.
This has been a concern of mine as well.  Perhaps OA alternated with another mite control of choice. 
Do-It-Yourself Plans and Prints / 3D printed small hive beetle trap
« Last post by Zweefer on Today at 09:21:32 AM »
Plans:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2137424

Video

It uses about $2.00 of plastic to build...
Swarms, Cut Outs, Trap Outs and Bee Trees / Re: Will a trap out work?
« Last post by Robo on Today at 08:02:57 AM »
Hard to say now.    How do you know the queen didn't get killed in the process, in which case the bees will return to where she last let her scent.  There is however the chance you just drove her back in further.  In which case I would put a small piece of comb back in that you can easily reach and give her time to find it.   The just grab the comb without using the vac and you have a pretty good shot getting her.   I use this method when I have removed all the comb and not found the queen.   Just hang a small section back in the cavity while I clean and pack up my stuff.  Works quite well.

I can say that I have had really good luck doing quick trap outs if the colony has been in the cavity less than 5 days.   Usually they abscond and don't take up residence in the nuc though.
Any and Every Thing / beehive scale
« Last post by tbelo on Today at 06:57:10 AM »
Why bother constructing your own sms beehive scale and not just buy a reliable and cheap one like the one from www.zygi.gr from only 210 euros ?
Any and Every Thing / Re: Vietnam Nam Memorial replica
« Last post by Alleyyooper on Today at 05:25:11 AM »
Thank you.
That wall stirs up feelings, for many they are like the ones I experienced others not so much but they were not even born before Granada happened.

there is a museum for the things left at that wall.

"The collection includes objects directly related to military service (dog tags, patches, uniforms and military clothing, combat boots, c-rations, discharge papers, photographs, and metals); archival materials (letters, poems, birth announcements, birthday cards, personal dedications, newspaper obituaries, books, Bibles, family photographs, and Vietnam snap-shots); personal offerings associated with the names on the wall (high school diplomas, teddy bears, liquor bottles, records, and clothing); and protest items (Missing in Action and Prisoner of War bracelets) and more."

You can find out if the traveling wall is going to be in your area in 2017 here.
http://www.vvmf.org/2017-twth-tour

;D  Al
Any and Every Thing / Re: For real?
« Last post by riverbee on Yesterday at 10:34:09 PM »
yeah they do  neil........great course!

ps....... and a great college ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything