Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pests and Diseases / Re: OAV setting hive on fire
« Last post by Lburou on Today at 07:06:43 PM »
Me too, have seen some scorch marks in the beginning. But I'm sure to remove the vap in 2 - 2/12 minutes. Have never seen smoke or smelled smoke. Been using vap every years regularly for 5 years now.

I think you'll be okay Mikey  :yes:
I agree with Jen.  When you get your vaporizer, do a test run outside the hive to see how long it takes to burn off a given amount of OA (this will vary from battery to battery and as the charge dissipates during use).  That way you know how long to have the electricity turned on.  I leave the unit in for a minute or so after stopping the electricity just in case the battery is losing some of its energy as I go through the hives.  Have seen charring of wood but never a fire.  HTH Mikey  :)
Beekeeping 101 / Slatted rack ?
« Last post by Mikey N.C. on Today at 07:04:35 PM »
Look how bees are hanging from bottom of frames,  blocking entrance.  Is this common?

Any and Every Thing / Re: Bingo
« Last post by Jen on Today at 06:43:06 PM »
Not Fair Perry! I don't believe it ever happened, tsk tsk

;) 8)
« Last post by Jen on Today at 06:37:57 PM »
Me too, have seen some scorch marks in the beginning. But I'm sure to remove the vap in 2 - 2/12 minutes. Have never seen smoke or smelled smoke. Been using vap every years regularly for 5 years now.

I think you'll be okay Mikey  :yes:
« Last post by Wandering Man on Today at 06:32:34 PM »
WM, was reading about
( dribbling,  trickle)  method.  Was thinking of buying a varrox this yr. now I'm 2nd guessing.

I may have left it in too long once, causing things to get charred. I use Freeman Bottom boards and had to replace the screen on the one hive. The other hive didn't look bad.
« Last post by tedh on Today at 06:17:00 PM »
I saw the charred bottom of a few frames the first time we used it, not since.  I have seen a few scorched spots on the bottom boards, not often though.  I have had no fires from burr comb.  Ted
« Last post by Mikey N.C. on Today at 06:13:44 PM »
WM, was reading about
( dribbling,  trickle)  method.  Was thinking of buying a varrox this yr. now I'm 2nd guessing.
« Last post by Wandering Man on Today at 06:01:55 PM »
I don't know, but I did notice the bottoms of my frames looked charred when I replaced them earlier this year.

Pests and Diseases / OAV setting hive on fire
« Last post by Mikey N.C. on Today at 05:09:09 PM »
Using the wand vap. How common is it to ignite burr comb ?
Any and Every Thing / Re: Bingo
« Last post by Wandering Man on Today at 04:04:09 PM »
No pie for YOU!   :no: :eusa_boohoo:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything