Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beekeeping 101 / Re: Newbee question - orienting vs robbing
« Last post by Mikey N.C. on Today at 05:57:15 PM »
Lastfling, where are located inN.C. if they ya don't mind me asking.?
General Beekeeping / Re: frames and foundation
« Last post by tedh on Today at 03:25:19 PM »
Oh, okay.  Thanks for clarifying!
General Beekeeping / Re: Sugar Prices
« Last post by yes2matt on Today at 02:42:13 PM »
I had been surfing the net for sugar this past week.  My local save a lot has been my cheapest at 1.79 for four pounds.  I checked the walmart and sams prices and it came in a little more at about 50 instead of 45 cents a pound.  I started checking individual store price and found one semi close where my son goes to college at 35 per pound.  I had the wife wipe them out and going to check in a day or so for restocking.  The 25 pound bags at 8.68 I can live with.
At the restaurant supply store.
« Last post by Bakersdozen on Today at 02:14:12 PM »
Most of the time I have very good luck with Aldi.  They may not be in your area.  Prices fluctuate a lot and from store to store.  But I have seen it as low as 34 cents a pound.  Aldi is the closest store to me, so that makes it easier to check prices.  There is never a limit either.
« Last post by Lastfling on Today at 12:46:04 PM »
Fantastic - thanks for info.  I found the link / post you referred to and have lined up a source for the 1/8" hardware cloth at the local ACE Hardware.  A quick stop on the way home this evening  and maybe before dark I can have a couple screens assembled and ready to go on the hives.
« Last post by tedh on Today at 12:14:15 PM »
Excellent!  Stock up as much as room allows!  The best I can do these days is +- 50ยข a pound.  Ted
« Last post by Lburou on Today at 11:11:11 AM »
I couldn't tell for certain just what is going on by the video, but I suspect some robbing pressure is there.  I'd put a robbing screen on it for a few days.  Iddee posted a plan for a simple robbing screen somewhere here.  It takes three pieces of wood and some screen.  :)
General Beekeeping / Sugar Prices
« Last post by Dunkel on Today at 11:01:52 AM »
I had been surfing the net for sugar this past week.  My local save a lot has been my cheapest at 1.79 for four pounds.  I checked the walmart and sams prices and it came in a little more at about 50 instead of 45 cents a pound.  I started checking individual store price and found one semi close where my son goes to college at 35 per pound.  I had the wife wipe them out and going to check in a day or so for restocking.  The 25 pound bags at 8.68 I can live with. 
General Beekeeping / Re: frames and foundation
« Last post by Dunkel on Today at 10:51:58 AM »
Hey ted,  instead of using the pins the companies sell to go through the holes and hold the foundation in place some people use bobbie pins.  the ones the bee supply places sell are handy but somewhat costly for a lot.  I've had some luck exchanging frames with a few with the normal pins if the bees drew them out fairly quickly.  But those times when they start dragging there feet drawing comb they either ate around them or the heat bowed the foundation.  If I could keep laying the feed to them I think it would work.  But in a couple of weeks they will be nothing coming in and I haven't been in a big rush to push them to hard by feeding.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10