Author Topic: Storms rolled through  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Storms rolled through
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:31:03 am »
The last 2 nights we have had storms roll through bringing heavy rain, wind, tornadoes, and high humidity.  An outdoor music event closed up early because of wind and rain damage.  It was an unsafe situation for concert goers.  A cool front finally came with last nights storms.  I believe this front was headed toward rober and brooksbeefarm. 

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
Re: Storms rolled through
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 11:53:21 am »
Hey Bakers!  That's one FINE looking hive!  I wish all of ours looked like that!  Ted
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:06:08 am »
nice pic bakers! we have had some crazy storms roll in the past week.......one night we could hear the wind coming before the trees started blowing over and the clouds rolling in. just some pix i took and mr. riverbee was not happy with me....... was yelling at me to get in the house.......... :D

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 08:05:00 am »
Hey Bakers!  That's one FINE looking hive!  I wish all of ours looked like that!  Ted

Thanks, I wish all of mine did look like this!
A 30 year beek was doing a power point presentation last night at our local bee club meeting.  She had a picture of her husband standing next to a colony with at least 6-7 supers on.  I counted them, now I can't remember exactly.  :-\\
The picture was taken last week.

river, that was a nasty looking storm.  We are supposed to get more rain Wed., Thurs., and Friday. 

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 10:50:03 am »
More thunder and lightening rolled through last night.  The weatherman says we got 2.04 inches.  After a week of oppressive heat and humidity the storm front brought through some much cooler temps.  Whew!