Author Topic: Package bees update  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Green bee

Re: Package bees update
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 06:41:55 pm »
Drawing comb. When I see the bees starting to draw comb on frames 2 and 9, I typically move those frames up and center of the next deep I put on, and replace them with frames with foundation below. Just how I do it. I might not get around quite as often as someone with a couple of hives so I prefer to err on the side of caution and give them extra room early.

Thanks Perry , thought that's what you was saying I just wanted to make sure I had it right ;D
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Offline Green bee

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 06:43:52 pm »
GB, got my nucs sat. They're well established so i went ahead and added 2nd deep.
Bees are swarming like crazy so i did wanted to give my self some space. Leaving for Orlando today for 2 weeks.
I am glad you got them before you went out of town, now you don't have to worry about them.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 09:29:24 pm »
Tedh he got some Italians from Midnight Bee Supply (shameless plug for us). That's what the pics were from on the show me yours thread. ;D ;D

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 09:35:12 pm »
Thanks CBT, I knew he was kicking a few ideas around.
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.