Author Topic: Teleconference with Ron Breland  (Read 3039 times)

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
    • Ramblings, Rants, & Ravings
Teleconference with Ron Breland
« on: December 08, 2016, 02:02:08 pm »
From BeeIprovement.com

Winters reflections on the art of beekeeping
With the holidays and spiritual reflection season close upon us we thought it would be a fantastic time to reflect upon our relationship with the honeybees, and indeed our very own nature as is often reflected to us by the bees. Putting the art back into the art of beekeeping is an interesting concept, follow the links below to see.
I met Ron 10 yrs ago through some mutual friends and he was most encouraging about my dowsing work with bees. Indeed we had some mutual philosophical understandings and he being  a scholar of cognitive relationships with nature such as brought forth from the philosophy of Rudolf Steiner and Goethe (Steiner's inspiration).
Ron is a fascinating individual, many of you might know him from  the documentary "Queen of the Sun" where his dodecahedron hives were brought into examination. He has been working with bees since 73 and after 23 yrs of Langstroths, lost his hives to varroa. This event, caused by early varroa infestation, left him  devastated, and out of this experience the beginnings of the application of sacred geometry to hive design.
His thoughts and methodology as a beekeeper will cause you to ponder your relationship with your bees as well as life around the hives. Those of you who are familiar with Steiner's agricultural course, whose seminal work laid the ground work for modern day Biodynamic agriculture, as well as his later lectures on bees, available in one volume "Bees", will recognize the depth and implementation of these concepts in Mr Breland's work.
For myself I have found Ron to be one of those rare individuals who can raise the level of awareness and make us feel better about how we approach our selves and our relationship with our bees and perhaps gain a more significant appreciation for this perfection and our own shortcomings in this endeavor. Light hearted, humorous, and humble as is true of any adept in any field, Ron's 50 yrs amongst the bees has given him a far different take on the matter than what you may have previously experienced, as well as perhaps a voice to unspoken or vaguely recognized thoughts and concepts given to you from the bees . Ron is a visionary utilizing his intuition, art, and unique insight in an alignment with the bees and while not for everyone, I think all will appreciate his sense of direction and  his wisdom.  Myself, I find I am often at odds with how I 'keep' bees and do recognize the ones I disturb the least generally are the best.
I salute Mr Breland's work, low impact methodology,  and his approach and feel we have much to learn both from him and our bees.

When:  12/14/2016 07:00 PM - (US/Eastern)

Duration:  1.5 hours

Dial-in Number:   United States  (712) 770-4010

Access Code:   499172

Instructions:  At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference line. When prompted, enter the Access Code followed by the pound key.

Recordings of previous guest speakers can be found at:

https://beeimprovement.com/audio-library/

Ron Breland: Visionary Beekeeper -

Dodecahedron hive -

The Double Decker Dodeca Video -

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

The following users thanked this post: CBT