Author Topic: almost 50,000 posts!  (Read 10474 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
almost 50,000 posts!
« on: April 01, 2015, 09:24:02 pm »
Less than 50 posts to go to hit 50,000 folks.
Who's it gonna bee?
Thanks for being a part of what makes this place great.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: almost 50,000 posts!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 09:26:18 pm »
Averaging 10,000 posts every 4 months on a new forum. That has to be the greatest people on earth. Thank You to each and every one.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 07:24:01 am »
I just checked on the totals after making a couple posts. We were about 50 away when I called it a night. We're at 50,002!
I may have even made the 50,000 without even realizing it??
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 10:29:01 am »
Yea!!!   :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

At the time of this posting:  50023 Posts in 3553 Topics by 398 Members.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 11:45:11 am »
2 more members, who will it bee? :)
Forum Supporter

Offline CpnObvious

• My Photobucket Bee Album
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 02:43:52 pm »
It was me... What did I win? :P

Offline tbonekel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 04:00:34 pm »
That's awesome!

Offline tecumseh

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 07:30:53 pm »
I totally miss out on all the excitement.

Offline LadyyTay

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:47 pm »
Want me to sign up my other two personalities? lol  I have to do both of them or they'll start arguing over which one gets to join and I hate playing mediator with my own voices.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 09:05:06 pm »
Want me to sign up my other two personalities? lol  I have to do both of them or they'll start arguing over which one gets to join and I hate playing mediator with my own voices.

LOL   Yay, were not alone any more!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 10:06:17 pm »
and the 50,000 thousand post goes to...........

none other than..........

our frozen beek buried in snow.......... :D :D :D 

the prize is...........he has to buy another t shirt!............. :D :D :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 07:22:04 pm »
Not has to, RB. He gets to. It's a privilege extended to only certain people. 

Only those who pay............   ;D ;D ;D ;D
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: I have to say, this is a great site with some very nice beeks.
The following users thanked this post: riverbee

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 08:27:33 pm »
iddee, i thought part of the prize of hitting 50,000 posts was going fishing for a weekend with yours truly?
......... :D

i know perry doesn't fish, but  fishing is fun and an experience he would never forget!

i can teach perry the fine art of fly casting in a drift boat on a river......
some do's and don't s or how to's:

*how to properly maneuver a drift boat so as not to turn it over or take water in, or lose an oar. if you lose the oar, you catch up to it sooner or later.

*how not to whack your guide or your brother either in the forehead or the back of the head with your fly rod. 

*do not back cast without paying attention and catch your guides ear or brother in law's ear with your fly (sharp hook) and complete the forward cast.

*do not stand up in the front of the drift boat and attempt to fish in rough water or where boulders, or high winds are present, you might or will wind up in the drink. 

*same goes for the back of the boat.

*if your favorite, lucky  3 dollar fly you have been catching fish on all day (and the last one)  gets hung up stream side or in a tree as the drift boat is moving through fast water......it's a goner, get over it......don't expect the guide or your brother to retrieve it.  best to snap it off , otherwise one could break the rod or wind up some ways down the river with all your line reeling out off your fly reel attached to whatever you snagged it on. and soon the fly rod goes with it.  and maybe you as well.

*when stopping for lunch on the river, make sure you remember to let the anchor down and tie the drift boat to something, otherwise you WILL be running and swimming downstream to retrieve it.

*also, when stopping for lunch river side, do not unload the cooler, food, and whatever else UNTIL you make a FIRM determination that there are no bears present rolling around in and snacking on the thick berry bushes directly behind you.

*always bring a rain jacket, otherwise you will get wet or be wearing a plastic trash bag, if there is one on board.

*if the float trip is an overnight-er, don't forget your sleeping bag.

*do not  talk about going fishing, allow or encourage my father to go fishing with us, unless you want to be wearing a life jacket and some sort of helmet all day long. rules;  he sits in the front of the boat so we can keep an eye on him and watch what he's up to and what he is doing. plan on getting wet.  also, he brings three pairs of glasses, (we are in charge of the other two pairs) and one rod.  if he knows he only has one rod, he won't lose the other. might have to do some fixing though........

last but not least.....
catch fish
drink beer
have fun
enjoy the scenery..........

................... :D :D :D
Forum Sponsor

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 09:01:14 pm »
Fishing is like keeping bees. Expect a few pains along the way. I cast a nice spinning rod and reel into the lake yesterday. Then cast a line to snag the line and pull the rod back into the boat from the lake bottom. Just another fun day of fishing.

Last summer my son went off the end of the boat, and came back in minus a 350 dollar telephone.

Year before, we forgot to raise the trolling motor before using the 75 horse Mercury. The water was 120 feet deep where the trolling motor came off the boat and sank.
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 09:09:50 pm »
wow...  Perry, go fishing with me...  Put bait on, cast rod, sit down, open beer.. wait, drink beer...   Rinse, and repeat.. Meaning, the open beer part!!   :laugh:
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 10:22:20 pm »
I have to confess.... when i go fishing with hubby, he ends the day with "Well if anything...she's entertaining"  :D :sad:
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 10:38:09 pm »
no way scott!............ :D :D :D

what iddee said....

"Fishing is like keeping bees. Expect a few pains along the way. I cast a nice spinning rod and reel into the lake yesterday. Then cast a line to snag the line and pull the rod back into the boat from the lake bottom. Just another fun day of fishing.
Last summer my son went off the end of the boat, and came back in minus a 350 dollar telephone.
Year before, we forgot to raise the trolling motor before using the 75 horse Mercury. The water was 120 feet deep where the trolling motor came off the boat and sank"

if you think you can go fishing with my father, you are in for a day of adventure. and if you think you can't tip a canoe over with a pontoon on one side or the other, or both, you haven't been fishing with my father. one year, many years ago, my father wants to come along and go fishing on a local brookie pond, ( a small lake near where they live, good fishing).  i says, where are the life vests? my father says, don't need no stinkin life vests, my hb is looking at me for direction and i tell him you want to wear a vest, and you will get wet...... :D
my father brings a small trolling motor, no trolling motors allowed on this small lake, him and i go around and around about it and he's already mad cuz of the life vests. the hb isn't saying anything cuz he doesn't know my father at that time.  i give in. so we go trolling around on this lake for a little while BACKWARDS and in circles. me and him go around about it again. hb isn't saying anything.  my father is fussing with the trolling motor and finally gets us trolling FORWARD....... :D
next thing that happens is the canoe literally tips over, and all three of us are in the drink, cuz my father was doing a dance in the back of the canoe trying to save two of three rods he had in the water that got hung up on something, and he tipped us over trying to save his 2 rods.  he is desperately swimming and hanging onto the two rods and me and the hb are trying to heft him and ourselves back into the canoe. he let go of one of the rods and had a fit about losing it.  nevermind we were all soaking wet and the water was cold. (mountain lake).

back in the canoe, my father soaking wet decides to now put on his life vest...... :D (he does not swim well) so mr. river gets the idea to load up one of my father's remaining spinning rods with a lot of weight on it and the biggest hook/spinner he could find in my father's tackle box.  we could see my fathers rod on the bottom. (very crystal clear water). it took about 45 minutes to an hour  to snag that rod and bring it to the surface.
we fished a little more after that, no trolling motor, not three rods dragging the bottom, and i made him sit in front of the canoe where i could watch him, wasn't going in again........... :D
Forum Sponsor

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 10:44:08 pm »
 :D :D You're killin' me here Riv  :D :D 
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline CpnObvious

• My Photobucket Bee Album
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 10:20:24 am »
You guys have a lot of rules for fishing.  My fishing trips are simple: cast out (with or without bait), sit back in the kayak, relax.  It's not about pulling something in, it's about the serenity.