Author Topic: Beer Basted Roasted Chicken with Honey  (Read 4821 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Beer Basted Roasted Chicken with Honey
« on: November 25, 2014, 12:01:58 am »
it's snowy and cold, i don't use the oven too often, i will grill all the way through winter, but this roasted chicken recipe is really good.  you can use drumsticks or drumsticks and thighs.  beer......no light beer, get a dark beer, this really adds to the flavor. one of our favorites is from the rush river brewery, and it has a hint of a honey taste to it.  one other comment, marinade the chicken overnight if you can, or whip it up in the morning, and let it marinate all day.  the longer it marinates, the better the flavor and tender.  i tend to add a little smoky kick flavor to it sometimes:
basic recipe:
(btw, i am not very good at measuring ingredients, i just dump/sprinkle it in......... :D

Ingredients
   • 8 chicken drumsticks, or preferred cut of chicken
   • Salt and pepper, to taste  (we use chicago steak seasoning)
   • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
   • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
        a little onion powder
   • 1 dark beer
   • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
   • 1/2 cup honey
   • Fresh cilantro, diced (dried works too)

Directions:
   • First place the chicken in a container with the cumin, garlic, salt, pepper and half of the beer. Then refrigerate for at least three hours before cooking. i flip the chicken over occasionally while the chicken is marinating.
   • When ready, heat the oven to 400°F to 425 F. Remove the chicken from the container,  and roast for 25 minutes in a glass pan or longer. i also flip the chicken as it is roasting 1/2 way through. i will also throw a little cilantro on it.  in a bowl, combine the honey, melted butter and remaining beer.
   • After 25 minutes have passed, brush the chicken with the honey glaze. 
   • Continue roasting the chicken for 15 more minutes at 400°F to 425 F, flipping half way through and basting again with the honey beer glaze. i will also often times just broil the last couple minutes to crisp the chicken and flip it. top with a little more cilantro.

last night i fixed it with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, cast iron grilled (not the flat pan~ the grill pan) olive oil coated asparagus spears and pan fried white corn tortillas (in light olive oil). (sometimes you just want to stuff the chicken in a tortilla..... :D) so maybe some salsa verde, roma tomatoes,chopped green onions with it and sour cream, or just the chicken gravy..... :D i have also served it up with oven baked/warmed mulitgrain rolls, ciabatta, french or corn bread.

geez, gonna have to spend more time at the ymca......... :D

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Beer Basted Roasted Chicken with Honey
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:13:28 am »
I hear ya sista! I'm one belt notch looser already :\
There Is Peace In The Queendom