Author Topic: EPI PEN Zero Dollar Co-Pay Offer 2014  (Read 9756 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
EPI PEN Zero Dollar Co-Pay Offer 2014
« on: March 07, 2014, 11:09:39 am »
i found this offer for epi-pens last night. for anyone renewing a prescription, considering the purchase of an eppy, find the cost too expensive or do not have insurance check this link out and take advantage of this offer(valid until december 31, 2014) "It's good for up to three EpiPen 2-Pak or EpiPen Jr 2-Pak cartons at a time":

Epipen Savings Program 2014

it would appear that one can receive mylan epi-pens for *free* under the terms and conditions, until december 31, 2014.  it would also appear that those without insurance would qualify for this offer as well.  for example, the cost of my epi pens last year was about $265.  my co-pay was $75.  this card gives me $100 up to my co-pay so my epi pens would essentially be free this year.

According to Mylan's website, the makers of EpiPen, mylan originally offered this promotion to celebrate the 25th anniversary of EpiPen in 2013 and the offer  has been extended through December 31,2014.  "The "$0 Co-Pay Offer" is valid for up to three EpiPen 2-Pak® cartons or EpiPen Jr 2-Pak® cartons per prescription, as patients may need to access two EpiPen or EpiPen Jr® (epinephrine) Auto-Injectors in multiple locations. "

you can fill out the information on epi-pen's website and print the card off or call their 800 number and have it sent to you by mail. take the card with your prescription to your local pharmacist and get it filled. 

i have also attached a flyer with a short explanation on the offer.
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Beeracuda

Re: EPI PEN Zero Dollar Co-Pay Offer 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 03:44:08 pm »
I will definitely be taking advantage of this since I can't take my allergy shots right now.  Thanks!

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 05:58:17 pm »
Thanks for the head up on this and the link.

Ken

Offline rodmaker

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:42:58 pm »
    Thank you riverbee i took advantage of this yesterday.
joseph

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 10:47:27 pm »
you are welcome rodmaker, and thanks for posting back on this. anyone else, please take advantage of this offer, it's good for 2014.  i won't be paying anything for my eppy's this year!
Forum Sponsor

Gypsi

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 01:49:40 pm »
Good to know.  I now have a prescription for epi-pens written for one of my helpers after I took him to a clinic on Friday. He got one sting on the head at my house on Monday and gradually swelling got worse and worse despite benadryl, so he his now on steroids. Looks almost normal again too.

I need a pair of epi pens in the refrigerator here. $270 at Costco is still a LOT.  None of us have insurance

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 08:00:48 pm »
gypsi, you don't want to keep the eppy's in the refrigerator, just room temp and not stored in the glove box or in a hot truck/vehicle etc......i am unsure of what this offer covers with those who have no insurance, the offer says up to 100 bucks.  yes, my eppys were about 265 last year, my insurance covered all but 75 of that.  this year, with this offer, they were free.  please let us know if you use the card without insurance and what if any costs there were.  thanks gypsi!
Forum Sponsor

Gypsi

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 10:35:54 am »
It appears to be good for $100 off on a 2 pack of name brand Epi Pen with no insurance. Not sure if I can use it on the generics, which are $270 a 2 pack at  Costco.  Will let you know. Thank you RB

Offline minz

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 02:23:41 pm »
Everything I had said I was still going to be short $100 but my wife took in the rebate coupon and the RX from the lady that taught the class and $0 due! How long are these good for? It appears that mine expires in a year? I put one in my Beek truck and one at the home yard. Thanks river, I would have never even pursued this if I had not seen this post.  My wife is convinced that one of our children will die a horrible death from something and this reduces the list slightly.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 04:41:50 pm »
hey minz, eppy's have a shelf life of one year, and you can tell if they are not good through the window of the injector. they will look hazy or discolored.

good on you, it's worth it to keep them around, if not for yourself, but for family members or others as well.  the other thing i would caution about is storing them in your truck.  it will get too hot, and they will degrade much quicker in extreme heat or cold.

btw your welcome, and thanks for posting back and letting me know.  i have been curious about how many members are taking advantage of this great offer.
Forum Sponsor

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 04:51:07 pm »
I used it as well River... Thanks! Didn't even have to print it (sent it to my phone and they took the info off of there).
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 11:20:02 am »
very cool zweefer!  thanks for letting me know!
Forum Sponsor

Offline CpnObvious

• My Photobucket Bee Album
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 08:47:48 am »
 :goodjob:

Thanks for posting this!  I Got my first freebie yesterday using this.  The pharmacist said he used to have a stack to give people... but ran out super-quick. He was glad to see folks can still get them.  I'm not allergic to bees, as far as I know, but will keep on-hand just in case someone else is!

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 11:52:12 am »
your welcome capn, and thanks for posting and letting me know!
Forum Sponsor

Offline Beeracuda

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 09:55:18 pm »
My allergist just prescribed Auvi-Q for me.  It is the same as the Epi-Pen, but talks you through the usage.  It is smaller and easier to carry, plus it also has the zero co-pay deal going on.

http://www.auvi-q.com/

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 03:07:27 am »
thanks beeracuda!
Forum Sponsor

Offline emakovec

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 10:23:36 pm »
I downloaded the coupon last week after getting a prescription from my doc. (Last year I passed on my prescription when the pharmacist gave me a price of about $250.) So when I went today with the coupon it dropped $100 off the $318, leaving me with $218! I said no thanks again.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 11:41:14 pm »
"$218! I said no thanks again."

thanks for your reply emaK, last year mine were about $265.  with this coupon this year and my insurance copay/coverage, i paid nothing for them,  i think last year i paid $75 out of pocket.  do you have insurance? the coverage is up to $100, maybe a different pharmacy?  not sure? 

in my situation i do need to carry the eppys so for me i can't say 'no thanks'.  without the coupon i would and will continue to spend the dollars for the difference of what my insurance company does not cover, and probably will for life. i can't say 'no thanks'.....whether it be $100 or $300.  most beeks are not in my situation.  i still think carrying an epi ought to be an integral part of a first aid kit for what we do.....we keep stinging insects and others may be stung and react differently than most do.  being prepared is better than not being prepared.  i never thought of this before, but i do now.

this coupon has been downloaded 29 times.....encouraging to me, because i have harped to everyone on the forum about carrying an eppy....  ;D
this coupon gave many a chance to get them free or at a reduced price this year, and even for those that have never carried an eppy. 
my hope was to help others and educate. i think maybe i have? hope so. 
they are expensive but in the big picture of saving a life or having them on hand if need be?
what's 200 bucks?
Forum Sponsor

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 08:25:01 pm »
just wanted to bump this thread back up.......this offer ends december 31, 2014, if anyone would like an eppy, or needs to renew a prescription and get them free, please take advantage of it.  ;)
Forum Sponsor

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 08:22:07 pm »
Got epi pens today.....copay was $0.00!  Doctor didn't hesitate one second to write the prescription even though I'm not allergic, yet.  :)

BTW, when I sat down with my family to demonstrate the epi-pen, my son said, 'been there done that'.  Unbeknownst to me, he had been next to woman with a seafood allergy in a restaurant when she went into anaphylactic shock. He noticed she was struggling with her purse, looked in her purse and got the epi-pen, read the instructions and administered it.  He was a teenager at the time. I guess he is good to go if I need it.  :)
Lee_Burough